Saturday, March 19, 2016

Install Qt5/Qt Creator for Raspberry Pi 3/Raspbian Jessie


This post show how to install Qt5 and QtCreator on Raspberry Pi 3 running Raspbian Jessie release 2016-03-18.

install qt5-default and qtcreator:
$ sudo apt-get install qt5-default
$ sudo apt-get install qtcreator

(Actually same as the steps to install on Raspberry Pi 2)

This video show installation remotely from Windows running PuTTY and Xming.


Remark:
The MicroSD used is:
Kingston Micro SDHC 32GB Class 10/U1 (Up to 80MB/s Read)
(KINGSTON SDC10G2/32GB - 80MB/s)



Remark@2017-04-11:
Please also read Jakob Brunhart comments below.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tutorial bro

Unknown said...

Hi,
thank you for the tutorial. Qt creator seems to run. But I have one or two problems.

1) Every time I start qtcreator the "Build & Run" settings are empty. No Kit, no compiler. I have to set it every time. If I start qtcreator by command line "sudo qtcreator" it behaves diffent then starting it by the link on the desktopb.

2) In one application I'm using a file dialog (QFileDialog). The problem is, that I can't select a file. All files are disabled.

I think the two above described problems with a nor very clean installation. But I don't have any idea where to search.

Any ideal?

Thank you Jak

Unknown said...

Hi again,

Now its working. I've done this:

System:
Raspberry Pi 3
Raspbian Jessie

Installation:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

sudo apt-get install qtcreator gcc qtbase5-dev

Configure QtCreator:
Tools->Options->Build & Run
Add manual toolchain
Compiler path: /usr/bin/g++
Debugger: /usr/bin/gdb

Jakob

Erik said...

hello Jakob Brunhart,

Thx for your info:)

thedavidyates said...

Thanks for your posts - I have Qt Creator up and running and compiling Widget projects.

However, QtQuck projects just come up with unknown option QML.

Any ideas?